Natural Flames Experience Tour
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Murchison
- Product code: NF
- Discover magical Flames surrounded by lush ferns.
- Enjoy return transport in our 4WD vehicle beginning in Murchison
- Be led by a local guide through a remote valley
- Learn the history of this geologically unique site
- Enjoy Flames-cooked ‘billy tea’ and pancakes
- The ideal trip in Nelson Tasman, ‘Top of the South’ region
The tour takes 4 hours, including the Land Rover trek across the farm, and a one hour walk through beautiful beech forest on a fairly rough track. Participants require a moderate degree of fitness for the walk, and should be wearing solid walking shoes.
In the beech forest there are many interesting native plants and trees, birds to see and hear, and the possibility of seeing wildlife such as deer.
The magical atmosphere is soaked up by participants who now relax over tea and pancakes cooked on this perpetually burning 'campfire.' The maximum tour size of 8 participants optimizes the social element as well as giving people a peace-filled connection with nature.